It’s not surprising that over 6,000 people don’t know how to connect AirPods to their HP Laptop.
While this might seem like a stupid ask to some of you who are more tech savvy, let’s not forget that it’s an Apple product we’re dealing with here.
We (Android users) all know that IOS devices have a bad habit of being stubborn, especially when it comes to interacting with “other” non Apple technology.
Can AirPods Connect To HP Laptop?
Technically, as with all Apple products, the Airpod is no different. It was made primarily to pair and communicate with other devices within the IOS Universe.
This however doesn’t mean that your Airpod or Airpod Pro won’t be able to pair with your HP Laptop. It just means now it’s much less simpler than if we were dealing with a MacBook.
But be rest assured that your Airpods will be able to pair with your HP Laptop…as long as the Laptop supports Bluetooth.
Why won’t my Airpods connect to my HP Laptop?
I wish I could say there are 13 Reasons Why but fortunately for you, it’s not a long list. However, there are a few reasons why nonetheless why your Airpods won’t connect to your HP Laptop.
Here are the most popular reasons:
- Your HP Laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth.
- Your Bluetooth is disabled
- You have a corrupted Bluetooth driver.
- Your Bluetooth driver is outdated
#1. Your HP Laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth.
Don’t let their outrageous prices fool you, Airpods were built to work like typical wireless headphones.
And like all wireless headphones, Bluetooth is the invisible thread with which any two devices are paired.
If your HP Laptop model is unfortunate enough to lack Bluetooth technology, then your Airpods will never pair.
If you’re not quite sure whether your computer supports Bluetooth, here’s how to check:
- Press and hold your Windows key and the “A” key together to open your Charms Bar.
- Now expand your notification area. If you see a Bluetooth logo among the other icons there, then your HP Laptop has Bluetooth support. If not, we’ll tough luck.
On the off chance that you just realized that your system lacks Bluetooth, don’t despair. All hope isn’t lost just yet.
You can still give your Laptop some Bluetooth powers by connecting a Bluetooth dongle to it. Though it sounds funny, I’m sure you’ve seen it before.
It looks something like this:
It’s basically a small USB device that once connected to your Laptop gives it some much needed Bluetooth abilities. You’ve probably also seen it used to connect USB mouses to Laptops.
This little bad boy will make pairing your HP Laptop with your Airpods becomes achievable.
#2. Your Bluetooth is disabled
Another likely reason why your Airpods won’t connect to your HP Laptop could simply be because it’s turned off or disabled.
So if that’s the case, here’s how to enable your Bluetooth:
- Press the Windows key + key I to open your computer settings.
- Next, click on Devices then
- Enable Bluetooth (if it’s disabled).
#3. You have a corrupted Bluetooth driver.
For those of you who don’t know, a Bluetooth Driver is certainly not your Uber Driver.
It’s basically a software that enables your Laptop’s OS to communicate with a Bluetooth device and vice versa.
So if your system does have a Bluetooth but yet your Airpods aren’t connecting to it, then it means you probably have a corrupted Bluetooth Driver.
For your Driver to work properly in this scenario, it would need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.
Here’s how to go about that:
How to fix corrupted Bluetooth Driver on your HP Laptop
- Go to Windows search and look for Device Manager. Double click the Bluetooth option inside it and it will reveal a drop-down menu.
- Now right click on the first Driver you see and select Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall one more time to confirm.
- Next, restart your HP Computer. Once it turns on, your Bluetooth Driver will have been reinstalled on start up.
#4. Your Bluetooth driver is outdated
If you’re like me who often forgets to update your Bluetooth Driver, then chances are you may have missed out on an update that added a unique functionality that could have aided your Laptop to connect seamlessly to your Airpods.
Not to worry. Here’s how you can correct that.
How to update your Bluetooth Driver
- Go to Windows search and look for Device Manager.
- Double click the Bluetooth option inside it and it will reveal a drop-down menu.
- Right click on Driver and select the option to Update Driver.
- Make sure you select the option to Search automatically for Drivers.
- Follow any subsequent on screen directives the system gives you.
- Now restart your Laptop. Once it turns on, your Bluetooth Driver will have been automatically updated.
How to connect AirPods and Airpods Pro to HP Laptop
Whether or not you own a HP Elitebook, Pavillion or HP Envy running a Windows 7, 8 or 10, by the end of this tutorial, you should know perfectly well how to pair your Apple Airpods to your HP Laptop.
- On your HP Laptop, click the Windows Key + key A to open your Windows Action Center.
- Hover over to Bluetooth and right click. You’ll see a small drop-down menu. Select Go to Settings.
- On the Bluetooth Settings page, if the Bluetooth toggle is off, click it turn it on.
- Right there on that page you should see a “+” button. Click it to Add Bluetooth or other device.
- From the menu, select Bluetooth.
- Now take out your Airpods or Airpod Pro and open the case.
- Click and hold the button on your Airpod case until it flashes a white light.
- Now, check your system screen under the Bluetooth settings page you were just looking at.
- When you see the Airpods show up in the list of discovered devices, click to pair with it.
- Wait for them to get paired…then click Done.
If you’ve done this successfully, congrats! You’ve just learnt how to Connect your AirPods to your HP Laptop.
How to reconnect AirPods to your HP Laptop
If for any reason your Airpods got disconnected from your HP Laptop, it’s quite easy to reconnect it.
- Make sure that your Laptop Bluetooth is turned on and Discoverable.
- Make sure your Airpods are still listed under your Paired devices.
- Flip open your Airpod case and press the button on it until it flashes a white light.
- As long as the first two steps are settled, your Airpods should automatically reconnect to your HP Laptop.
How to disconnect your AirPods from your HP Laptop
Disconnecting your Airpods from your HP Laptop can be done in 3 easy ways.
- Go into your Bluetooth Settings and remove your Airpods from the list of paired devices.
- Switch off your Laptop Bluetooth from the Task Bar control panel or the Bluetooth settings page.
- Put your Airpods back into their case and close them shut.
Any of these three options is sure to disconnect your AirPods from your HP Computer.
If this article was helpful in any way to you, why not share it on Social Media via the Social Media share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Additionally, if you have any questions or didn’t fully understand some tips in this guide, drop a comment below.