How To Connect AirPods To Dell Laptop is not as hard as you think!
After the smashing success of our first post in this mini series when we talked about how to connect Apple Airpods to HP Laptops, we thought we’d come back and write a similar article for Dell users.
Can Apple AirPods Connect To Dell Laptop?
Yes of course. Regardless of the fact that It was made primarily to pair and communicate with other devices within the IOS Universe, your Apple Airpods can connect to your Dell Laptop.
It just means that because it’s not a MacBook, it’s much less straightforward.
Why won’t my Airpods connect to my Dell Laptop?
Take a deep breath…your Laptop isn’t cursed (yet). Here are the two most popular reasons why your Airpods won’t connect to your Dell Laptop:
- Your Laptop model isn’t Bluetooth compatible
- Your Bluetooth is turned off
Let’s get into them one after the other.
#1. Your Dell Laptop model isn’t Bluetooth compatible
Don’t let their ridiculous prices fool you, Airpods were built to work like any other wireless headphones.
And like all wireless headphones, Bluetooth is the invisible thread with which any two devices are paired.
But here’s the kicker: If your Dell Laptop model is unfortunate enough to lack Bluetooth technology, then your Airpods will never pair (and you have no business reading this post).
If you’re not quite sure whether your computer supports Bluetooth, here’s how to check:
- Press and hold your Windows key and the “A” key together to open your Charms Bar.
- Now expand your notification area. If you see a Bluetooth logo among the other icons there, then your Laptop has Bluetooth support. If not, we’ll tough luck.
On the off chance that you just realized that your system lacks Bluetooth, don’t despair. All hope isn’t lost just yet.
You can still give your Laptop some Bluetooth superpowers by connecting a Bluetooth dongle to it. You may not know if by Thalia weird name but I bet you’ve seen it somewhere before. It looks something like this:
It’s basically a small USB device that once connected to your Laptop gives it some much needed Bluetooth abilities. You’ve probably also seen it used to connect USB mouses to Laptops.
This little bad boy will make pairing your Dell Laptop with your Airpods a breeze if your Laptop lacks Bluetooth.
#2. Your Bluetooth is disabled
Another likely reason why your Airpods won’t connect to your Dell Laptop could simply be because it’s turned off or disabled.
So if that’s the case, here’s how to enable your Bluetooth:
- Press the Windows key + key I to open your computer settings.
- Next, click on Devices then
- Enable Bluetooth (if it’s disabled).
How to connect AirPods and Airpods Pro to Dell Laptop
Whether or not you own a Dell Latitude, Inspiron, XPS, Vostro or EMC Laptop running a Windows 7, 8 or 10, by the end of this tutorial, you should know perfectly well how to pair your Apple Airpods to your Laptop.
- On your Dell Laptop, click the Windows Key + key A to open your Windows Action Center.
- Hover over to Bluetooth and right click. You’ll see a small drop-down menu. Select Go to Settings.
- On the Bluetooth Settings page, if the Bluetooth toggle is off, click it turn it on.
- Right there on that page you should see a “+” button. Click it to Add Bluetooth or other device.
- From the menu, select Bluetooth.
- Now take out your Airpods or Airpod Pro and open the case.
- Click and hold the button on your Airpod case until it flashes a white light.
- Now, check your system screen under the Bluetooth settings page you were just looking at.
- When you see the Airpods show up in the list of discovered devices, click to pair with it.
- Wait for them to get paired…then click Done.
If you’ve done this successfully, congrats! You’ve just learnt how to Connect your AirPods to your Dell Laptop.
How to reconnect AirPods to your Dell Laptop
If for any reason your Airpods got disconnected from your Dell Laptop, it’s quite easy to reconnect it.
- Make sure that your Laptop Bluetooth is turned on and Discoverable.
- Make sure your Airpods are still listed under your Paired devices.
- Flip open your Airpod case and press the button on it until it flashes a white light.
- As long as the first two steps are settled, your Airpods should automatically reconnect to your Dell Laptop.
How to disconnect your AirPods from your Dell Laptop
Disconnecting your Airpods from your Dell Laptop can be done in 3 easy ways.
- Go into your Bluetooth Settings and remove your Airpods from the list of paired devices.
- Switch off your Laptop Bluetooth from the Task Bar control panel or the Bluetooth settings page.
- Put your Airpods back into their case and close them shut.
Any of these three options is sure to disconnect your AirPods from your Computer.
If this article was helpful in any way to you, why not share it on Social Media via the Social Media share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Additionally, if you have any questions or didn’t fully understand some tips in this guide, drop a comment below.
You may also like
- How To Connect AirPods To Dell Laptop In 3 Easy Steps
- How To Connect AirPods To HP Laptop Is Easier Than You Think
- How To Change MSI Laptop Keyboard Color (Easiest Way)
- Lenovo Laptop Power Button Not Working [Solved]
- How To Unlock Acer Laptop Keyboard Is Easier Than You Think…